Keeping up with a blog is a lot of work. There are lots of other people out there creating content, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel a competitive need to keep up. The pressure of maintaining my blog became a bit much, so I put this aside for quite a while. I was shocked to see my last post was March 2014. Shame on me.
A lot has happened since then. I have a lot to write about in the coming months. And my goal is to do better at maintaining my own space here, and not worry about keeping up with anyone else.
Thanks to those who stuck with me. I know, you probably just forgot. Well, thanks for forgetting :-).
Since my last post, a ton has happened to my life as a runner.
- I crushed my Half Marathon goal of finishing under 2 hours coming across the finish line at 1:55.
- I finished my first full Marathon in October; 4:33
- I nearly broke myself (mentally and physically) training for said marathon.
- I took all of November and most of December off from running
- I feel rested, recovered (mentally and physically), and ready to get back to training
I’ll circle back and recap those milestones over the coming weeks in more detail. I’m going to strive to be more regular with updates. I even have a guest blogger waiting for me to get off my duff and give up some space.
Here on the final days of 2014, I’m looking forward to what will come in 2015 already. Bring it!